The mountain is a natural environment, which has little to do with the city and therefore requires special clothing and equipment specially designed.
None of us would think to go for paths with bathing shoes (at least we hope …), but probably things used to wear for climbing Everest would not only be excessive but also uncomfortable and harmful for the purposes of a hiker.
For this reason is really important to be balanced in the choices of what to wear and to bring by keeping in mind the final goal: safety and comfort.
Clothing for an excursion
- Waterproof jacket. Light, when folded takes up little space in your pack. Best not to go for the raincoat, which is not always perspiring and often turns into a sauna;
- A hot jacket to protect you from the cold, if the temperature should suddenly drop. The important thing to remember is to choose only the best brands such as SprayWay, Hugo Boss, and Moncler. To find out sales and offers you can choose online shopping: on GoOutdoors, you can find SprayWay jackets, on Fabbriboutiques there are plenty of Moncler down jackets to buy online and so on.
- Two thin shirts, one with long sleeves;
- Long pants if you plan to go into the woods or if you suffer from the cold, but do not use jeans are they are heavy and if they get wet movements can become quite tricky;
- Hiking socks. Best to avoids old fashion woolen socks, which are heavy and make the foot sweat. The new synthetic materials perform admirably to the task;
- Boots, best if high to protect the ankle, possibly made with liner Gore-Tex or similar materials.
Material for an excursion
- A backpack of about 30 liters for day trips, up to 50-60 liters for multi-day hiking. The important thing is that it is comfortable, with good shoulder straps, that does not kill your back and with the belt to load the hips;
- Glasses and sun cream, plus a lip balm;
- A one-liter bottle of water: remaining without drinking water is the biggest torture that can happen while in the mountain.